- Dedicated members-only features
- Previews of future audio releases
- Talk live with each other and the team online
- Get access to new audio & text features
- Hear unreleased archive recordings
- Become an fba supporter, be part of the team...
Coleen, FBA Team
My experience of FBA is that without it, I wouldn't have the chance to hear others in the Triratna community teach. It would be harder to keep going without that inspiration and sense of connection.
Mary, FBA Team
I love it when a deeply moving excerpt from a Dharma talk is randomly followed on my MP3 player by a piece of music, and then more Dharma comes randomly through. That pretty much rocks my world.
Kuladharini, Glasgow, UK
I love FBA! The biggest online Buddhist library in the world! Fantastic resource! 24 hours a day! For any serious Dharma practitioner! Highly recommended! *Kiss*!
Sheila Groonell, Aryaloka, USA
All who use FBA would do well to strongly consider supporting the site. What a HUGE information gap there would be without it! I simply cannot imagine Buddhist practice without access to FBA!
Ratnachuda, South London, UK
What I value about Free Buddhist Audio is the range of talks and texts from the past, right up to the present day.
Suvarnagarbha, Cambridge, UK
When I think about FBA, the inexhaustible lamps from the Vimalakirti Nirdesa comes to mind. With the internet, the capacity for lamps to light other lamps is inexhaustible. It never needs to stop...
Samudradaka, FBA Team
I enjoy being reminded that listening to the dharma is a Buddhist practice, and that giving, too, is also a vital Buddhist practice. So to donate while listening is a perfect combination of practices!
Nagabodhi, London, UK
FBA's work means, among other things, that we are much less likely to turn into a galaxy of disconnected centres, and more able to evolve and develop as a unified and harmonious Dharma community.
creative commons and open source
We wanted to take this opportunity to acknowledge the influence of the Creative Commons Movement and Open Source Software community on the development of this site – practically, but also in terms of considering ways to put the Buddha’s vision of generosity into action via the worldwide web.
We were consistently inspired by the countless, often ultimately invisible, efforts of people dedicated to providing alternative ways to make available previously (or currently) copyrighted material, and to use technology as a tool for furthering, rather than restricting, communication between individuals and communities.
We felt quite humbled while working on this venture – generosity is clearly alive in the world, and these two manifestations of it helped us especially in our own efforts to try and exemplify a different, happier spirit for these times.
There are many technical folk without whom this site would not have been built. The Open Source software community is a wonderful phenomenon, and some of the people and tools we've benefited from are listed here:
MySQL, CocoaMySQL, Apache, PHP and Entropy PHP, PHPMyadmin, Jedit, W3Schools, Ilya Zakharevich, Ed Eliot
and many more...
You are free:
- To Share, — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
- Noncommercial — You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- No Derivative Works — You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
With the understanding that:
- Waiver — Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
- Public Domain — Where the work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
- Other Rights — In no way are any of the following rights affected by the license: Your fair dealing or fair use rights, or other applicable copyright exceptions and limitations; The author's moral rights; Rights other persons may have either in the work itself or in how the work is used, such as publicity or privacy rights.
- Notice — For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.