- Dedicated members-only features
- Previews of future audio releases
- Talk live with each other and the team online
- Get access to new audio & text features
- Hear unreleased archive recordings
- Become an fba supporter, be part of the team...
Mary, FBA Team
I love it when a deeply moving excerpt from a Dharma talk is randomly followed on my MP3 player by a piece of music, and then more Dharma comes randomly through. That pretty much rocks my world.
Kalyanavaca, London, UK
I love giving to FBA because thousands of people access our community's unique approach to the Dharma. I think this resource is one of our finest creations and feel proud to sponsor it.
Viriyalila, Portsmouth, USA
FBA lets me hear the whole of our community's 'voice', and sit in a room with Sangharakshita as he elucidates the Dharma as it was originally passed on to us by the Buddha, ie. as an oral tradition.
Ratnavyuha, Auckland, NZ
I make it a practice to act out generous impulses, even if only small efforts. Financially supporting the free availability of the Dharma online is a simple gesture for me which maintains a significant resource for others.
Candradasa, FBA Team
It's exciting to watch as hundreds of thousands of lives are touched by the Dharma each year and, hopefully, made a little brighter by the experience of FBA!
Jinamitra, Welwyn, UK
These recordings have been a key part of my life, especially as I don't live near a Buddhist Centre. With its excellent organisation and fast delivery, FBA is a unique resource. A pleasure to donate.
Padmavajri, East Sussex
How wonderful to be able to listen to such a wealth of deeply inspiring Dharma talks by Bhante and so many other experienced practitioners of the Dharma. I feel blessed.
Ratnachuda, South London, UK
What I value about Free Buddhist Audio is the range of talks and texts from the past, right up to the present day.
creative commons and open source
We wanted to take this opportunity to acknowledge the influence of the Creative Commons Movement and Open Source Software community on the development of this site – practically, but also in terms of considering ways to put the Buddha’s vision of generosity into action via the worldwide web.
We were consistently inspired by the countless, often ultimately invisible, efforts of people dedicated to providing alternative ways to make available previously (or currently) copyrighted material, and to use technology as a tool for furthering, rather than restricting, communication between individuals and communities.
We felt quite humbled while working on this venture – generosity is clearly alive in the world, and these two manifestations of it helped us especially in our own efforts to try and exemplify a different, happier spirit for these times.
There are many technical folk without whom this site would not have been built. The Open Source software community is a wonderful phenomenon, and some of the people and tools we've benefited from are listed here:
MySQL, CocoaMySQL, Apache, PHP and Entropy PHP, PHPMyadmin, Jedit, W3Schools, Ilya Zakharevich, Ed Eliot
and many more...
You are free:
- To Share, — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
- Noncommercial — You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- No Derivative Works — You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
With the understanding that:
- Waiver — Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
- Public Domain — Where the work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
- Other Rights — In no way are any of the following rights affected by the license: Your fair dealing or fair use rights, or other applicable copyright exceptions and limitations; The author's moral rights; Rights other persons may have either in the work itself or in how the work is used, such as publicity or privacy rights.
- Notice — For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.