- Dedicated members-only features
- Previews of future audio releases
- Talk live with each other and the team online
- Get access to new audio & text features
- Hear unreleased archive recordings
- Become an fba supporter, be part of the team...
Sangharakshita, Birmingham, UK
As the founder of the Triratna Buddhist Community, I am very happy to have learned that by the end of this year more than a million talks will have been downloaded - that is a tremendous achievement.
Kuladharini, Glasgow, UK
I love FBA! The biggest online Buddhist library in the world! Fantastic resource! 24 hours a day! For any serious Dharma practitioner! Highly recommended! *Kiss*!
Buddhasiha, Ipswich, UK
Hearing the Dharma, rather than reading the Dharma, very much inspires me. If I feel things are flagging, a talk from Free Buddhist Audio can lift me - it can get my sense of inspiration and sraddha really moving!
Aileen, Shetland Islands
I live on an island far away from a Buddhist centre and am rarely able to go on retreats. It has been especially beneficial to me to be able to download so many inspiring talks to go deeper in my practice.
Sravaniya, Boston, USA
To hear the author's voice is to add a new dimension of meaning to his words.
Padmatara, San Francisco, USA
Being in San Francisco, I value the easy access to talks from so many different people in the Triratna Buddhist Order - not just the famous ones! It makes me feel connected. A bit like Pirate Radio!
Kalyanavaca, London, UK
I love giving to FBA because thousands of people access our community's unique approach to the Dharma. I think this resource is one of our finest creations and feel proud to sponsor it.
Viriyalila, FBA Team
Supporting donations help us to keep FBA freely available to thousands of people all over the world. Giving the gift of the Dharma is the greatest gift of all. (The Dhammapada)
creative commons and open source
We wanted to take this opportunity to acknowledge the influence of the Creative Commons Movement and Open Source Software community on the development of this site – practically, but also in terms of considering ways to put the Buddha’s vision of generosity into action via the worldwide web.
We were consistently inspired by the countless, often ultimately invisible, efforts of people dedicated to providing alternative ways to make available previously (or currently) copyrighted material, and to use technology as a tool for furthering, rather than restricting, communication between individuals and communities.
We felt quite humbled while working on this venture – generosity is clearly alive in the world, and these two manifestations of it helped us especially in our own efforts to try and exemplify a different, happier spirit for these times.
There are many technical folk without whom this site would not have been built. The Open Source software community is a wonderful phenomenon, and some of the people and tools we've benefited from are listed here:
MySQL, CocoaMySQL, Apache, PHP and Entropy PHP, PHPMyadmin, Jedit, W3Schools, Ilya Zakharevich, Ed Eliot
and many more...
You are free:
- To Share, — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
- Noncommercial — You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- No Derivative Works — You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
With the understanding that:
- Waiver — Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
- Public Domain — Where the work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
- Other Rights — In no way are any of the following rights affected by the license: Your fair dealing or fair use rights, or other applicable copyright exceptions and limitations; The author's moral rights; Rights other persons may have either in the work itself or in how the work is used, such as publicity or privacy rights.
- Notice — For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.